Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Halfway...

It's nearly halfway through Lent. I've discovered that walking from my starting location means that I don't have a lot of choices for new scenery, EXCEPT that the opening up of spring means more and more things are blossoming. The Lenten Rose is well along. Look for some, too, in the church's Memorial Garden.
Spring also smells like mulch. I can tell the gardeners' homes by what they smell like just now.
I decided to head north again on the main road, and judge just how much ground I could cover in one half hour. The estimate put me right at a mile, with a home of a parishioner just within reach. I lovely short stop, just enough time to enjoy the glass of water offered to me! Thanks, Paul.

Blessings on this home that doesn't forget how to honor a parent. We need to remember and not forget anyone.
On the way back, I noticed some leftovers in the corner of the golf course. It's unlikely that anyone will see these discarded pieces of machinery. They will be left to rust and perhaps poison the surrounding water run off. It reminded me of Jesus remembering the 'discarded' people and the difference it makes when someone pays attention.

No comments: