Wednesday, March 20, 2019

A late start...

Tuesday, March 19. Too many things to do at work for me to take an hour off, so my walk had to be in my own neighborhood, in the streets around my house. I like to see that the red flowering plants in our front greenhouse are very visible from the street. The geraniums that have been started from cuttings are doing very well. The other orange kalanchoe and red poinsiettas (rescued from Christmas) are doing well, too. They make for a cheery sight for someone entering the driveway.
Daylight savings time allows for a few more minutes in the evening to stay outside. I haven't walked my own residential neighborhood in quite a while.  There are some more remodelings and garden refurbishings around. The neighbor across the street has a new dog, a replacement for an old companion dog who died last fall.
The low sun casts a long shadow in front of me on the sidewalk.

The almost full moon is also visible just above the horizon. 

No comments: