Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nearly half way through first week

My husband said last night that the book of Genesis is like a soap opera.  Even though he doesn't watch soap operas, he's hooked!  
Everyone doing well?  There are now four groups at Church of the Covenant, doing the BIND...that's the Bible In Ninety Days: Sunday AM at 9:45, Tuesday AM at 10, Wed am at 7:15, and Thurs eve at 7:30 pm [this group may just set aside this time to R.E.A.D, not talk] 
Feel free to leave a comment...

People tell us that it takes about three weeks for a new habit to become ingrained.

In order to help you before each reading session you might start  with a prayer. One of your own, or this one:

Gracious Father,
Thank you for the gift I hold in my hands.
May your Spirit fill me and interpret
your precious words for me as I read them.
In your Son's name I pray. Amen

Maybe you can write this prayer on a 'post it' note and use it as a versemarker as you read through the Bible.

No comments: