Saturday, January 23, 2010

Daily comments?


Leviticus and Numbers!  Hard going!  Some of you have remarked that I'm not posting remarks every day.  True.  I know it is tempting to see what other people think about what we're reading.  I do it myself.  But I also want to encourage you to read the Bible for yourself, and not depend on someone else to tell you what it means.  Some of you have already told me about conclusions that they have drawn, because they are really thinking about what it means for them.
I also know that because the text is so foreign, we need some other people to help interpret it.  It's ok for you to read summaries or notes, but don't get in the habit of depending upon them.  God will give you insight as you read along.  Trust that insight.  God is still speaking.  The question that you might ponder every day is "Why is this in the Bible?"  God is faithful; the answers will come.

No comments: