Monday, April 1, 2019

Just to get food

Thursday, March 28 was a scheduled meeting that I had volunteered to bring food for. There is a lovely nearby cafe that has a wide variety of eastern Mediterranean food, so I decided to multi-task by taking my walk there. I say "nearby" because when I'm driving it seems a lot closer. Walking is a different experience! I almost didn't make it.
The place is one of a chain owned by a local family that has a great following in the area.
They serve authentic recipes, most of which are available for take out.
On the way over, I noticed that I might not have enough time to make it back for the scheduled start time of noon, so I ran as much as possible. I placed the order quickly, decided against calling a cab, and skedattled back to the church, where I arrived just in time to deliver some good food for a creative meeting.
As I caught my breath, we prayed that the meeting would listen for the soft voice of the Holy Spirit to come with our stuffed grape leaves and tabouleh.  It did!

No comments: