Thursday, December 6, 2018

Bible in a Year Homestretch

At the beginning of January, I took up a reading schedule that has me reading the whole of the biblical text by the end of 2018. A few years ago our little church had a push to read the whole bible in 90 days! This is a little bit slower.
What's been different this time through? A little more awareness for me of the vast spiritual landscape that is contained within scripture, and a little more sadness that more people don't have access to this wonder. I keep motivated by having a 'checklist' which gives me satisfaction when I see what's been accomplished in the 'to do' list. I wonder what's being accomplished in me. Is God looking at God's own checklist, to see my soul progress? This pilgrim feels like God is accomplishing something for my soul.
In a few weeks, it will be done. Then what is God going to do next?

No comments: