Monday, March 5, 2012

Now a challenge

The first week of my car fast was uneventful--more car pooling and riding the bus from the Ballston Metro to the church.  Then I went on vacation to Florida, and only drove a rental car with my husband.  Since it wasn't my car, I thought I was probably being faithful. But still...there is the second-guessing, the pondering...What does it mean to be faithful in this?  Should I have given up my vacation, too?
I really should have anticipated that tornado season would start early.  Now the real challenge...I have to go to Kentucky to respond to the tornado devastation there.  That's not quite right.  I don't have to go; I've promised to go when called, and now I've been called.  So there you have it, another dilemma.  Of course I will have to rent a car to do the job of traveling around, being with people, surveying the area and finding out how Presbyterian Disaster Assistance might be of help.  There's really no other way to do it.

No comments: