Monday, March 22, 2010

Dragging or flying?

OK, I know I haven't posted much about the Bible reading lately.  The prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah are difficult reading, I know.  Are we dragging or flying?  I hope that by having just read the histories in Kings and Chronicles you will remember enough to place these characters.  The people and places are at least somewhat familiar, yes?
But more than that, I'm interested in paying attention to what happens to US as we read.  Can we sense the bigger picture?  What God is doing among our community?  I was wondering how much better we will understand when we finish.  If God is still speaking in our little church, just what is that about?  I'm convinced that God wants us to do great things, or small things in a great way.  Our sign minister, John Gibson, put it this way last week: Small things accomplished are better than big things planned [or something like that].
If this is the first time that you have ever read the Bible straight through, just think of what you will have accomplished come April 24, no small thing.

No comments: