Thursday, February 18, 2010

You/We Are Not Dummies

Many of us, me included, are reading the Bible straight through, from beginning to end, for the first time, in 90 days.  Reading the Bible is for neophytes like us, and for experienced scholars, and for devotional giants--like Thomas Merton--and for new believers, and for born-in-the-church and born-again believers.  It's NOT for dummies, that is, people who are unteachable, and therefore not alive.  Well, maybe it is for them, too... as God can bring life out of what looks like no-life.
Today the.Washington Post reviewed a new book that looks interesting: Bible Babel, by Kristin Swenson.  I have to say that I won't be able to read it until I finish the Bible.  I'll be interested to see if it is kind of a "bible for dummies" or if there are some new observations.
Ezra-Nehemiah...here we come!

No comments: