Wednesday, September 2, 2009

SEX!



I didn't think that such a volume of "talk back to the preacher" would be unleashed when I preached on the Song of Songs text last Sunday. Sunday, August 30, 2009--Song of Songs text from the lectionary. Of course it celebrates sexual attraction between a woman and a man, harkening back to the creation story in Genesis. But because there is so much that could be said about this controversial topic in our time, I didn't want to start out with the controversy. I wanted to lift up what was GOOD and HOLY about sex.
Apparently it got a lot of people thinking. People have been sending me stuff--printed works, and links and publications and way more than I can absorb. We'll have to pray to see where all this takes the little church with a big mission...

No comments: